YOKOHAMA 2001 : International Triennale of Contemporary Art
"MEGA WAVE - Towards a New Synthesis"
More than 100 artists from the world will exhibit their works (painting, sculpture, photography, video and film, and installation) under the main theme "MEGA WAVE - Towards a New synthesis". New works and site-specific works by the participating artists will be on display in a large-scale exhibition hall and a variety of indoor and outdoor spaces located in the Minato Mirai area in Yokohama.
A number of events and programs, including symposiums and workshops will be held during the period to help promote mutual understandingand dialogue between the citizens, a varied audience, and artists fromJapan and abroad.
September 2 (Sun.) - November 11 (Sun.), 2001
Closed on Sep. 11 (Tue.), 25 (Tue.), Oct. 9 (Tue.), 23 (Tue.)
Open from 10:00 to 18:00 (Last Admission 17:00)
*Friday from 10:00 to 20:00 (Last Admission 19:00)
Compositon of the inside of the venues
Okabe Noriaki(Architecture Network)
- The Ministry of Foreign Affairs
- The Agency for Cultural Affairs
- Kanagawa Shimbun
- AFAA, Embassy of France
- A Foundation for Contemporary Art San Antonio
- Austrian Ministry of Culture
- Austrian Federal Chancellery
- BKA Kunst,Austria
- Central Union of Artists, Finland
- DCA DANISHCONTEMPORARY ART FOUNDATION
- Erwin und Gisela von SteinerStiftung, Munich
- FRAME Finnish Fund for Art Exchange
- IASPIS International Artists Studio Program in Sweden
- ifa Institut fur Auslandsbeziehungen e.V.
- Israel Ministry of Foreign Affairs
- Embassy of Israel
- NORWEGIAN INTERNATIONAL PROGRAM FOR VISUAL ART
- The Nomura Cultural Foundation
- Benesse Corporation
- Kirin Brewery Co. Ltd.
- Toppan Printing Co. Ltd.
- Mori Building Inc.
- Bank of Yokohama
- Matsushita Communication Industrial Co. Ltd.
- Nippon Telegraph and Telephone East Corporation Kanagawa Branch Office
- OMRON Corporation
- Kanagawa Kenmin Kyosai Seikatsu Kyodo Kumiai
- Kawamoto Industry Corporation
- Sagami Railway Co. Ltd.
- Shiseido Co. Ltd.
- Yokohama Culture Foundation
- Yokohama Museum of Art
- Japan Air Lines, Co. Ltd.
- Pacifico Yokohama
- Hibino Corporation
- Yamato Transport Co.Ltd.
- Yokohama Grand Inter-Continental Hotel
- Koei Co., Ltd.
- Fujitsu General Limited
|Over 65 years old
- Tickets are available for two days (not necessarily consecutive) during the period of the exhibition.
- Box Ticket
Sales at the following office
- Group Ticket
For 20 and more persons
- Free for the handy capped persons (with ID) and their attendant (one person).
There are no refunds.
Telephone Guidance +81-3-3272-8600